A songwriter living just outside Bowling Green KY. Dennis Adkins started his career in his teens with brother Bob as The Adkins Brothers touring with Loretta Lynn. He worked as a full time songwriter for MCA, Golden Opportunities and Cedarwood. In the late 80's at Cedarwood he toured with Mel Tillis and penned the George Strait #1 hit Ace in the Hole. He co-wrote several songs with Pam Tillis (Mel's daughter), Russell Smith (lead Amazing Rhythm Aces), though most of his success came from songs he wrote alone. Other songs written by Adkins were recorded by Brenda Lee, Randy Travis, Roy Clark, Mel Tillis, Highway 101. Though he doesn't consider himself a performer as much as a songwriter, throughout his career he performed with a variety of cover bands.
- Timber Ridge (2000s) countryfied version of the Pain Killers feature original material of Johnson, Adkins and past selections from Tennessee Pulleybone and Dixie Line. [Tommy Johnson (songwriter, guitar), Dennis Adkins (songwriter, guitar) Tom "Bones" Kaelin (drums), Eric Albany (bass), Michael Holmes (keyboards)]
- Pryor Express [Country, Rock, Blues, Oldies covers] Kevin Thomas - drums, vocals; Ken Carson - bass, vocals; Cecil Pryor - keyboards, vocals; Former Members: Dennis Adkins - guitar, vocals; Mike Maggard - bass, vocals
- Ethyl Holland and the Blue Echoes (1966) [Covered country songs by artists such as Loretta Lynn, Tammy Wynette] [Bob Adkins (bass), Larry Richardson (lead guitar), Ethyl Holland (guitar, vocals), Dennis Adkins (drums)]
- The Adkins Brothers [Dennis Adkins, Bob Adkins]
- Ace in the Hole - A collection of original songs for demo purposes. [Dennis Adkins]
Affiliations: Loretta Lynn, Pam Tillis, Mel Tillis, George Strait
- Non Local: Bob Dylan