The Landmark Awards Committee is requesting nominations for the annual historic preservation awards to be presented at the Annual Meeting in May. Each year the Landmark Association recognizes local historic preservation efforts that illustrate sensitive historic preservation, rehabilitation, and restoration of historic buildings and sites in Bowling Green and Warren County.
Nominations may come from the general public, Landmark members and the Landmark Board. Reconstruction projects are not eligible for Landmark Awards, nor are projects that utilize synthetic siding. Work on the building should have been completed during the last year, except for ongoing project awards. Not every category is awarded each year.
The nomination form is attached or can be found at www.bglandmark.org and the deadline to make a nomination is April 15, 2021 for award consideration. Forms received after this date may not be considered for this year's awards. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, and thank you for your participation!
· Landmark Building Awards are given to firms, individuals or organizations who have completed significant and sensitive rehabilitations of public, commercial or religious buildings.
· Jean Thomason Historic Home Award is given for the outstanding restoration or rehabilitation of a residence. Only one is given annually.
· General Historic House Awards are given to residences where noticeable and sensitive historic preservation work has recently occurred.
· Jane Morningstar Award of Merit recognizes additional and substantial work to a previously restored commercial or public building.
· Cultural Landscape Award recognizes outstanding preservation work with historic sites such as historic cemeteries, trails, roads, military fortifications or larger areas such as rural agricultural lands
For more information visit www.bglandmark.org.