Based on the beloved children's book, and presented in recognition of Teacher Appreciation Day, this play is a lighthearted reminder to show our appreciation to those we value.
Please prepare one verse of a song to sing a capella, and be prepared to read from the script. Resumes/photos not required, but appreciated.
- Female (mezzo, alto) — Double role: Miss Nelson/Viola Swamp
- Male #1 (tenor) — Principal Blandsworth
- Male #2 (tenor) — Detective McSmogg
- Male #3 (tenor) — Pop Hanson (janitor)
- (all three could be played by one male actor)
YOUTH (must be at least 6 years to 18 years non-college - specific ages will be determined by the auditions)
- Female (soprano) — Allison (a Kid in 207)
- Female (alto) — Cheryl (a Kid in 207)
- Male (tenor) — Adam (a Kid in 207)
- Male (baritone) — Gregory (a Kid in 207)
ENSEMBLE - Other kids and teachers in the school
TECH WEEK (must be available for tech weeks): April 15-23
PERFORMANCES (must be available for all):
- April 24 - 25 - School Day Performances - 9 and 11am
- April 26-29 - Thursday - Saturday at 7:30pm and Sunday at 3pm
ABOUT: Miss Nelson can't control her crazy classroom because she's just too nice. But when she disappears, her replacement is the hard-as-nails, detention-loving, recess-canceling, homework-overloading substitute teacher Viola Swamp! With the Big Test approaching, the kids suddenly realize how much they miss Miss Nelson and they'll do anything, including hiring a private eye, to solve the mystery of her disappearance and bring her back.
The Phoenix Theatre, Inc. of Bowling Green, KY 545 Morris Alley Bowling Green, KY 42101
The Kentucky Arts Council, the state arts agency, provides operating support to The Phoenix Theatre, Inc. of Bowling Green Kentucky with state tax dollars and federal funding from the National Endowment for the Arts.