The Historic RailPark & Train Museum will hold an open call audition for adults and children to produce the 4th Annual Haunted Lantern Tours. Male and female actors of all ages are needed to play various characters during the productions evening tours.
Audition Signups will take place in the museum of the L&N Depot on a first-come first served basis on August 10, 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM and again on August 11, 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM. Every participant auditioning for a speaking part should bring a picture. Auditions will consist of a cold read provided during the audition procedure.
Kari Carr is back this year as our Theatrical Director. Mrs. Carr will host the auditions and lead the rehearsals. We are also searching for an Assistant Director. If you are interested in volunteering to serve as the Assistant Director, please email Jamie at email@example.com
Actors are needed for the following characters/storyteller roles:
- Ringmaster –middle age and mature males – strong lead character with loud clear speaking voice
- Jr. Ringmaster – multiple young males – supporting characters for lead ringmaster
- Leo the Lion Tamer – middle age or mature male – dramatic role with character obsessed with his stuffed lion
- Trapezes Artist – mother cast as young or middle age female, father cast as young or middle age male and children cast young male and female – family of trapeze artist will interact and tell a story as a family
- Circus Freaks – all ages, male and female – multiple supporting characters with minimal speaking roles, will perform dramatic acts for affect
- Fortune Teller – middle age or mature female – will interact directly with guest
- Bearded Lady – middle age or mature female or male – storytelling in a group setting
- Strongman – middle age male – storytelling in a group setting
- Clowns – all ages, male and female – multiple supporting characters with minimal speaking roles, will perform dramatic acts for affect
The character line up for this year is mix of characters and we encourage both male and female actors to audition for these roles. Crew members for props, costumes, extras and sound effects are needed as well. If you would like to volunteer in any capacity for this production, please feel free to come to the audition to complete a crew application.
Haunted Lantern Tours will come alive again this October for our fourth year. This year we will reveal the untold Circus Tragedies. Visitors will encounter a variety of circus characters throughout the Depot and our restored railcars. Storytellers will share a tale with you sure to give you a case of the goosebumps. These historical tales come straight from the old days of circus train travel.
Step back in time with from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm select evenings October 18-27th. Family Fun Night will be back again. Admission will be half price during Family Fun Night. Join us during the evening tours when we will have snacks and beverages available for purchase.
To learn more about this event you can check out our website www.historicrailpark.com, find us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Adult Tickets: $10, Child Ticket (ages 3-12) $6, Children 2 and under are FREE. You can get tickets by visiting the RailPark at 401 Kentucky Street in Downtown Bowling Green or by calling 270-745-7317.
If you would like more information about this topic, please contact Jamie Johnson at 270-745-7317 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more details and a list of the characters, please visit our Facebook Event Page: