The Sunny 16 Camera Club is teaming up with SKyPAC to bring Bowling Green its first-ever area high school photographic event. We are reaching out to city and county high school students in Warren and its surrounding counties (Allen, Barren, Butler, Edmonson, Logan and Simpson) to find out who the REAL photographers are.
The contest is open to all students who will be starting their Freshman, Sophomore, Junior or Senior year in the Fall of 2017.
We will begin accepting online entries July 1, with an entry deadline of August 15. Contest details are included in this packet. There is no entry fee.
There are four contest categories with cash prizes in each, including a $300 Best of Show.
This is a juried competition with a panel of four jurors from various backgrounds deciding First, Second, Third and Merit winners in each category as well as Best of Show. Winners will be printed by Sunny 16 and displayed in the Children’s Gallery at SKyPAC in Bowling Green.
The exhibit will run September 1 through October 31 and is included on the October 13 Gallery Hop. An awards reception will take place on September 11, from 5-7pm in the main lobby of SKyPAC.
Contest Entry Guidelines:
1. Eligible students will be starting their Freshman, Sophomore, Junior or Senior year in the Fall of 2017.
2. Student must reside in one of the following counties: Allen, Barren, Butler, Edmonson, Logan, Simpson or Warren County.
3. The contest categories are “Abstract”, “Creative Light”, “Nature”, and “People”.
4. Photos may only contain subject matter suitable for family-oriented viewing.
5. Photos submitted must be that of the original photographer.
6. The individual photographer may enter up to four photographs: Limit one per category.
7. Entries are to be submitted electronically via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please refer to the enclosed entry form. This will need to accompany email submission.
8. Electronic submission must be sized for a 16 x 24 inch print at 240 dpi. This equates to a print resolution of 3840 x 5760 dpi.
Some email servers may not allow for large file sizes. If this is the case, please email a print size of 2000 dpi on the long side at 72 dpi resolution.
If your print is selected for exhibition, you will be contacted to provide a larger file for printing.
9. Please name your files to include Entry letter (A, B, C, or D) plus Category and include Title of photo. (example: A_CreativeLight_YourTitle). This must match the information on your entry form.
10. Entries may be submitted July 1 – August 15.
All rights to submitted photographs remain with the photographer. However, Sunny 16 Camera Club, Inc. reserves the right to use submitted photographs in future publications, advertisements or on the Club’s website for future promotional purposes. All entries must be suitable for family-oriented viewing. The Sunny 16 Camera Club, Inc. reserves the right to disqualify any entry not suitable for public display. The Sunny 16 Camera Club, Inc. and SKyPAC will not be liable, financially or otherwise for loss or damage to any submission or exhibit print. Entries will not be available for sale. Prints from digital files chosen for the Sunny 16 Photo Contest will be available for pick-up upon completion of the exhibit. Pick-up time and location will be communicated to the exhibit participants. The entrant’s signature on the entry form serves as compliance and indicates that the entrant has read, understands and will abide by these terms.