To see Morning Teleportation (Tiger Merrit and Travis Goodwin) perform live is to witness a cacophony of improvisational mayhem and melodic twist and turns. Merrit’s vocals dart sharply in and out of the hectic back beat that the rhythm section holds down. The sound may be more modern but make no mistake, these are boys who want nothing more than to have a good time in the classic rock idiom. If they can make the crowd smile they can leave happy. Morning Teleportation is a house party, a futuristic hootenanny and a backroom jam session all rolled into one.
Morning Teleportation formed in 2005 and spent the last few years either in the studio or on the road playing for crowds at Bonnaroo and Sasquatch and supporting the likes of The Flaming Lips, Cage The Elephant, Modest Mouse, among others. Whereas their "frenetic, youthful" (Paste) debut album produced by Isaac Brock, Expanding Anyway (Glacial Pace), took 14 days to make, their most recent LP, Salivating for Symbiosis, was recorded over a year at Ice Cream Party. Jeremy Sherrer -- who worked on the recent albums by Modest Mouse and Ages & Ages - worked with Merritt and Goodwin to perfect their sonic vision, at times re-recording and re-mixing multiple songs until the final versions aptly reflected their imaginations. Pushing themselves to create an album with the widest scope possible, incorporating trumpets, banjos, modular synthesizers, and more - this is their best record to date.
- Listen to 'Re-wiring Easily' on NPR's Songs We Love
- Watch the band perform 'Crystalline' on Acme Radio
- Read the Premier Guitar interview
UPCOMING LIVE SHOWS:
- 11/28 - Chicago - Schubas
- 12/1 - Charlottesville - The Southern
- 12/3 - Washington DC - DC9
- 12/4 - Baltimore - The Gallery
- 12/5 - New York - Mercury Lounge
- 12/9 - Philadelphia - First Unitarian Church
- 12/12 - Atlanta - Adult Swim
- 12/13 - Atlanta - Drunken Unicorn
- 12/14 - Nashville - Exit/In
- 12/15 - Bowling Green KY - The A-Frame